Since 1994 the team at DCSL Software has been developing custom written bespoke software applications for established businesses, blue chips and start-ups. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity please give me a call on 01252 235422 or drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A highly professional, hardworking and talented QA Engineer in UK with a proven track record. The successful candidate will ensure systems are thoroughly tested to a high degree of quality and to an agreed deadline.
Your ultimate responsibility is to ensure the high quality of our applications, to further cement our position in the market as a quality software developer. This will be achieved as follows:
• Preparing test plans against functional specifications
• Software testing and reporting bugs into a bug tracking system
• Regression testing – as the software is built and tested in chunks. This can be achieved in some part with automated testing using test automation tools
• Juggling multiple projects
• Support client testing (UAT) – liaising directly with the client and the development team
• After go-live, responding to “bugs” identified by the customer – reproduction tests etc. Establishing whether it’s a bug, user error or “by design”
• Change request testing
• Change request documentation
• Updating specifications with change requests (plus additions/amendments to test plans etc)
• Assisting the help desk with support/bug issues
• Attention to detail – the most critical aspect of any tester.
• Organised and time management – lots of things going on, lots of projects, customers, people to deal with.
• Good communication skills and a level of confidence to deal with a busy developer team and sometimes difficult customers.
• Computer science background desirable.
• Technical knowledge of software “jargon”.
• Experience testing web-based or browser-based software.
• At least 1 year’s commercial software testing experience.
• Negotiable dependent on experience.
• Competitive holiday
• Training Budget available after 6 months continual service.
• Other benefits negotiable.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity please give me a call on 01252 235422 or drop me an email email@example.com.