Bad cough maybe due to several reasons. To name a few, it can be due to
- Change of weather
- Allergic response to pollution, smoking, etc
- Infections, mostly viral, rarely bacterial or fungal
To heal the cough naturally, it is suggested to do the followings:
- Take regular steam inhalation at bedtime- Keep in mind that the vessel should be kept at a distance of about 2 feet from your face and cover from the head with a light stole and not towel.
- Take a warm mixture of cinnamon, tulsi leaves, ginger, black pepper and honey.
- Keep muletthi in mouth in cases of violent cough.
- Avoid dust and smoke inhalation by covering your nose and mouth while going out door.
- Homoeopathy improves the defense mechanism of the body naturally. It is advisable to take indicated homoeopathic medicines after consulting your physician.
Some useful indications for homoeopathic medicines:
- Aconitum napellus – It is indicated in cases when onset of cough is due to exposure to dry, cold winds with increased thirst.
- Belladonna – Cough will be violent with redness of the face, throbbing headaches.
- Bryonia alba – Dry cough with profuse thirst. Wants to drink large quantities of water at long intervals. Patient will complaint of pain in chest while coughing which will be relieved by holding chest tightly.
- Causticum – Cough with rawness and soreness of chest. Patient feels better by drinking cold water.
- Sticta – Dry, hacking cough during night, worse while breathing in. Worse from changes of temperature.
Homoeopathic medicines should be taken under physician’s supervision only.
Happy healing with Just Homoeopathy!
This article was originally published on Practo Health Feed by Dr. (Prof.) Nilanjana Basu, Homeopath